Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Roscoe's Arrival!!!

He's HERE!!!

After days of waiting, Mr. Roscoe is finally here...


Tuesday 08/17

OB appointment, dilated to 3 cm still. Dr. scheduled for an induction; however, Wednesday was all full. I was placed on a waiting list!!! My Dr. was leaving Thursday for a weekend get-a-way and wasn't going to be around. She hinted toward us that if I had any contractions at all to go in and get admitted that way I have a bed and when they call her, she will come in to start the induction.

Wednesday 08/18

Around midnight
We thought my water broke (according to the test, it was not amniotic fluid; however, we still think it was) Drove to the hospital, got admitted and put on the monitor. I was dilated to 3.5 cm. I was having contractions every 5-7 min but didn't know this since I didn't feel a thing. Instead of calling my Dr., the nurse had the on call Dr. evaluate. His evaluation: send her home!!! WHAT!?!?! The plan was to call MY Dr. so she can tell them to keep me so she can induce me...

6 AM
Woke up with contraction pains. Timed it for 2 hours, 1 min contractions 5 min apart. Call the Labor and Delivery to see if I can go in now. They said, "NO! wait til they are 3 min apart"

Noon
Contractions started to hurt more and more. Decided to just head to the hospital.

12:30 PM
Admitted into the Labor and Delivery. Hooked up to the monitor to find that my contractions were now 7 min apart but dilated to 5 cm. The nurse asked if I wanted any pain medication, "Yes, now would be great!!!"

1:45 PM
IV, didn't hurt at all to my surprise. They numbed my hand up with lidocaine first and that hurt more than the actual IV.

2:35 PM
Got my epidural!!! Yay!!! It was awesome... I was somewhat numb. I was able to move my legs, they just felt tingly. At first, I was like crap, it didn't work, but then Terri goes, "so did you feel that contraction you just had?" um... NO!!! Sweet!

3:15 PM
The nurse check my cervix to find that I'm dilated to 7 cm, 95% effaced at station 0.

6:15 PM
Another cervical check, now I'm dilated to 8 cm.

6:45 PM
Dr. Davis finally arrives and break my water. No gush of water as I was anticipating and no pain! Dr. Davis also put me on pitocin to speed things up.

7:45 PM
I'm now dilated to 9 cm and 100% effaced.

9:00 PM
I'm dilated to 10 cm and it was time to push. I never felt any heaviness or urge to push. Started pushing and I knew it was going no where. Shane kept on saying, "You're doing great babe, almost there". I wanted to kill him! He was sooo lying to me.

11:30 PM
Dr. Davis gets mad at me... She goes, "I don't even feel like you're pushing. You're not trying"
At this point, I was ready to cry. I was pushing as much as I could. I knew I wasn't pushing correctly. I so regret not taking a Lamaze or birthing class. Now, my Dr. felt that the epidural was blocking my sensation to push correctly so she took me off the epidural and up my pitocin!!! AWG!!!! The next 15-20 min. were the worst. The contractions were so painful, I told myself - I'm never getting pregnant again. LOL Started to push some more, but at this point I was so tired. I didn't have any energy left in me. I called it quits and asked for a c-section. My Dr. tried to talk me out of it, "Just push alittle bit more and then I can help you." But I knew that wasn't true. After she left the room, we asked the nurse if I was really that close and she gave us a looked and said no. You can tell she was waiting for me to ask for the c-section. Once I did, she was right on it. They had to call in the on call anesthesiologist and I couldn't wait anymore, I told Shane, "I want the epidural, NOW!!!"

Thursday 08/19

12:45 AM

Roscoe arrived via c-section weighing 7 lb. 6 oz. 19 in. long
The c-section was great!!! Didn't feel a thing. It all happen real fast. Why didn't I ask for this a long time ago??? I did however; hyperventilated, since I hate oxygen mask. Shane kept on telling me to calm down and breath in and out real slowly.

I will post pictures next time!!!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Woooow! so crazy! He is so cute. I want a million more pictures.

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing your delivery story with us.

I was in Labor with Heather for 3 days...Back when everyone went natural, no drugs. The last 24 hours I BEGGED for a C-section, after pushing for 3 hours I really BEGGED for a C-section. They didn't listen to me. I pushed her out. I am glad they listen to you : )

From Me to You said...

Wow.... what a crazy story. It seems like your DR was lame =) He is so cute!! I want to drive down to Newman to hold him!

Cathy Woodruff said...

Ya... we need more pictures.... he is soooo cute!